Preparing for a long-awaited date with a guy usually starts with the planning of outfit. And running in a hurry for a new dress and shoes is not the right decision. For sure, there are a couple of things that will help create an exciting image and please a man. Of course, replenishment in the wardrobe is wonderful. But it is not suitable for a date because it can be inconvenient. As a result, you may spend the whole evening adjusting a sleeve sliding off your shoulder. This is especially true for shoes. It must be reliable and tested by at least two or three wearings.
Basic Rules For Choosing a Dress For a First Date
Adjust to the setting
When choosing an outfit, you should take into account where the date will be. Let’s consider the following situations:
- If a man invites a girl to a restaurant, then a dress and high-heels will be appropriate.
- If you go to the cinema or park, jeans with a blouse and comfortable pumps or flats are suitable.
- If you plan to have an active holiday like cycling, it is better to choose sports shoes.
- If you go to the theater or concert, both a dress and trousers or a skirt with a blouse are ideal. If it is the cold season, the image can be supplemented with a cardigan. Or you can choose an elegant sweater instead of a blouse.
- If a man invites you to a club, then the style should also be appropriate.
It is better to abandon office suits. Such a girl may seem too cold and impregnable for a man. Accessories should complement the image, without distracting attention from the main picture. An elegant chain with a pendant, a hair clip, a scarf made of light and delicate fabric, or an elegant handbag will revitalize the image.
Appropriate Colors and Style
Clothing can both emphasize the strengths of a figure and hide flaws, and vice versa. Therefore, you need to focus on the fact that the clothes should suit your figure. You can take several photos from different angles to assess how well the selected dress looks from the side.
Also, an essential factor affecting the image of the girl is the color of her outfit. For a first date, an ideal choice would be the following:
- The black color is suitable for almost any occasion. However, in order not to look gloomy, it is worth combining it with something bright.
- Great alternatives to black are navy, burgundy, and purple. They look no less elegant.
- Pastel tones will help to emphasize the tenderness and romance of character.
- Bright pink and red are undesirable for a first date. An exception can be a red sheath dress or a jacket. This does not look vulgar and will not spoil the guy’s first impression.