A date is a great opportunity to get to know each other in an informal setting. And if you feel sympathy for a girl, nothing should become an obstacle to your relationship with her. A correctly composed set of clothes, appropriate accessories, and friendly manners is the right way to the heart of the chosen one. Therefore, the choice of clothing for this occasion should be taken seriously.
If you go to a restaurant, you should wear a classic set of clothes: a suit, a white shirt, and shoes. It is appropriate to diversify the image with such accessories as watches, cufflinks, and a tie. If you do not wear a tie in everyday life, then you can do without it. The main thing is that you should not be distracted by the inconvenience of clothes. You have to devote your time to your companion fully.
Feel free to wear a blazer and casual shirt. Or you can wear a casual jacket instead of a blazer, so your look will also be harmonious. Sneakers or shoes should be classic. Such clothes will be perfect if you decide to continue the date in one of the nightclubs.
In this case, you can choose comfortable brown or khaki pants from your wardrobe. You can wear a white T-shirt and a classic cardigan with small buttons. It is a great look for almost all occasions.
Some Tips on Getting Dressed on Your First Date
- Do not wear too much black. This will create an unpleasant atmosphere of depression. It is better to combine such colors as gray, brown, and dark blue. Do not choose clothes with bright accents or flashy images.
- Do not wear clothing that makes you feel uncomfortable. For example, the shoes which you bought a few days ago. When deciding to wear a brand-new shirt or suit, do not forget to remove all labels and tags.
- The rules for color matching should be observed. As in ordinary life, it should not be motley. Stick to a standard of a maximum of three colors. Jeans, as well as suits with light shades of gray and blue, can be combined with brown shoes.
- Pay particular attention to accessories. The tie should be neatly tied and properly combined with the rest of the image. For classic trousers, you can buy a belt made of genuine leather.
- Try to dress according to the weather. Shorts and sandals in the autumn will look as ridiculous as woolen socks in the thirty-degree heat. If your date is planned in the open air, then it will correct to find out the weather forecast. And, if necessary, bring an umbrella with you. An umbrella is the only clothing accessory that will never spoil a man’s appearance.